||Our primary concerns are the financial and emotional well being of the entire society in general and particularly those who are in financial distress
||This is an ethical organization and a non-profit institution with sole objective of imparting Financial Literacy to those who are in need and help those who are struggling with debt, with an acceptable solution
||We firmly believe that education is the corner stone of financial health. Financial literacy programmes will be an on going process at "ABHAY". We will strive to conduct educational sessions frequently to create awareness about proper financial planning.
|We do understand how difficult it is to take that first step and contact us for help. In fact we take that first step. Our counselors are available for face to face counseling whenever you need it. Most importantly confidentiality is maintained.
|The Set Up
||Presently the Credit counseling Centers are will functioning at the following places:-
The client of any Bank can approach the center. The benefits to the clients briefly stated are
In Metro/urban areas the focus is given to credit card, personal loans and housing loans defaults and related problems.
- Client gets guidance for financial freedom
- Counseling is absolutely free
- Counselor helps in drawing a suitable repayment solution.
- Counseling sessions are held on one to one basis in most confidential environment.
- Drawing up of a rehabilitation programme with the willingness of the clients.
Rural areas assumed great importance as the farmers and people there are still largely depending upon informal sources to meet their financial requirements. There is an urgent need to educate them about availability of finance at reasonable rate of interest from formal financial system. Such a step, we believe, will greatly benefit the farmers and others in rural India to reduce the debt burden and avoid mishaps and resorting to extreme steps.
|Helping Clients - I
|Credit Card Tip
- Keep a list of credit card numbers, expiry dates, and phone number of each card issuer in a secure place.
- Open credit card bills promptly and compare with your receipts to check for unauthorized charges and billing errors.
- If any of your credit cards are missing or stolen, report the loss as soon as possible to your card issuers/ lodge FIR. Generally toll free numbers are printed on the statements for your own protection, follow up your phone call with a letter to each issuer. The letter should contain your card number, the date the card was missing and the date you called.
- Unless otherwise urgently needed, do not have more than one / two cards.
|When using your Card
Watch your card after giving it to the person at the point of sale terminal. Take your card back promptly, make sure that it is yours.
- Never sign a blank receipt
- Never give out your credit card number / CVV number over phone unless you have initiated the call.
- Never put your credit card number on a postcard or on the outside of an envelope.
- Leave infrequently used cards in a secure place.
|When getting a new card
When selecting a card compare the terms offered by several card issuers to find out the card that best suits your needs.
- Sign new cards as soon as they arrive.Cut all unwanted cards into two pieces and return to the issuer.