EXPENSES CONSIDERED FOR LOAN :
- OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE :
The Star Educational Loan Scheme aims at providing financial support from the bank to deserving/ meritorious students for pursuing higher education in India and abroad. The main emphasis is that every meritorious student is provided with an opportunity to pursue education with the financial support on affordable terms and conditions.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
- STUDENT'S ELIGIBILITY:
- Should be an Indian National;
- Secured admission to professional/technical courses in India or Abroad through Entrance Test/Merit based selection process.
- Good academic career.
- The student should not have outstanding education loan from any other Institution.
- Father/Mother should be co-borrower.
- Branch nearest to the permanent residence of student will consider the loan.
- ELIGIBLE COURSE :
- Studies in India (Indicative list) :
Note : Professional courses not approved by AICTE and conducted by Institutes not recognized by State Universities is outside the purview of the eligibility under the scheme.
- Graduation/ Post Graduation courses
- Professional courses: Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Computer, etc.
- Courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI, NIFT, NID and other Institutes set up by Central/State Govt.
- Other courses leading to diploma/degree, etc. conducted by colleges/universities approved by UGC/Govt./AICTE/AIBMS/ ICMR, etc.
- Studies abroad :
- Graduation: For job oriented professional/technical courses offered by reputed universities.
- Post-Graduation: MCA, MBA, MS, etc.
- Courses conducted by CIMA - London, CPA in USA, etc.
- Fee payable to college/school/hostel*
- Examination/Library/Laboratory fee.
- Purchase of books/equipment’s/instruments/uniforms.
- Caution deposit/building fund/refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/receipts.
- Travel expenses/passage money for studies abroad.
- Purchase of computers - essential for completion of the course.
- Insurance cover for the student.
Any other expense required to complete the course - like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
* As per brochure/ demand letter from the institution.
QUANTUM OF FINANCE :
Need based finance subject to repaying capacity of the parents/students with margin and the following ceilings :
- Studies in India - Maximum Rs.10.00 lakh
- Studies abroad - Maximum Rs.20.00 lakh.
Upto Rs.4 lakh : Nil
Above Rs.4 lakh - Studies in India : 5%
Studies Abroad : 15%· Scholarship could be included in margin.· Margin to be brought in on year to year basis as and when disbursements are made.