- To supplement the efforts of Government extension system
- To make available supplementary sources of input supply and services to needy farmers
- To provide gainful employment to agriculture graduates in new emerging areas in agricultural sector
Agriclinics: Agriclinics are envisaged to provide expert services and advice to farmers on cropping practices, technology dissemination, crop protection from pests and diseases, market trends and prices of various crops in the market and also clinical services for animal health etc. which would enhance productivity of crops/animals.
Agribusiness centres: Agribusiness centres are envisaged to provide input supply, farm equipments on hire and other farm services.
||The scheme is open to Agriculture Graduates/Graduates in subjects allied to agriculture like horticulture, animal husbandry, forestry, dairy, veterinary, poultry farming pisciculture and other allied activities.
|EDP Traning to Agri Graduates
||SFAC/NABARD would be arranging a 2-month long intensive training to the agriculture graduates in accounting, business and related matters free of cost at selected centres throughout India. Upon completion of the said programme they would be issued a certificate and a registration number.
|Selection of Borrowers
||Selection of borrowers and location of the projects could be done by banks in consultation with the Agricultural Universities, KVKs/ Agriculture Departments of the state.etc. Besides, the name and address of those agriculture graduates who have completed the training programme can be had from the web site www.manage.gov.in (National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, Hyderabad)
An illustrative list of ventures.
Any combination of two or more of the above viable activities along with any other economically viable activity selected by the Graduates, which is acceptable to the Bank.
- Soil and water quality cum inputs testing laboratories (with Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometers)
- Pest surveillance, diagnostic and control services
- Maintenance, repairs and custom hiring of agricultural implements and machinery including micro irrigation systems (sprinkler and drip)
- Agri Service Centres including the three activities mentioned above (Group Activity).
- Seed Processing Units
- Micro-propagation through Plant Tissue Culture Labs and Hardening Units
- Setting up of Vermiculture units, production of bio-fertilisers, bio-pesticides, bio-control agents.
- Setting up of Apiaries (bee-keeping) and honey & bee products' processing units
- Provision of Extension Consultancy Services
- Hatcheries and production of fish finger-lings for aquaculture
- Provision of livestock health cover, setting up veterinary dispensaries & services including frozen semen banks and liquid nitrogen supply
- Setting up of Information Technology Kiosks in rural areas for access to various agriculture related portals
- Feed Processing and testing units
- Value Addition Centres
- Setting up of Cool Chain fro the farm level onwards (Group Activity)
- Retail marketing outlets for processed agri-products
- Rural marketing dealerships of farm inputs and outputs